Wednesday 26 December 2012

My Latest Favourite Toy - IPhone5 ♥__♥

The latest iPhone 5 is my latest toy despite the facts that Samsung’s share price has beaten that of Apple’s and of how I used to proclaim to be an Android supporter. The good experience of using the new iPad which I had been toying around for the past few months had prompted this erratic decision.




I was excited as soon as the news of iPhone5’s launch in Malaysia, despite it being a few months behind some other countries in the world. Instinctively, I wanted to be the first few to hold the iPhone5 as I always wanna be a trend setter.

Next question, Digi or Maxis? This time, Maxis seemed to offer a more attractive package, not to mention better network coverage.



Long queue at the launch event at CapSquare, even though only 16GB is available!!!


My excitement eventually turned into frustration with Maxis’ service. I don’t understand why there is no phone for even customers who had pre-booked (I booked 32GB), then what’s the point of pre-booking?! Only the “smart” Maxis guys know the answer. Maxis claimed that they have run out of stock, and advised me to leave my name/no at their centres so they can revert. Little tip here, don't wait for them, go to any other authorized Maxis dealer to find one yourself. The dealers’ list can be found from the website.

http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/iphone/where.asp

I had to travel to 3 places before the iPhone5 32GB is in my hand. Tsk tsk tsk.



Goodbye Samsung Galaxy S and welcome iPhone5

So what’s my take with the new iPhone5?

Well, for the appearance, it obviously comes with a longer screen, thinner and it’s also lighter compared to Samsung Galaxy S. The screen is Retina display like the new iPad. I really like the crystal clear high resolution effect, thanks to the Retina display. I am satisfied with my reading from the phone and the occasional watching of movies and Youtube videos.

The camera is also better compared to my old phone. As a blogger who need to capture every moment during my outings, I truly need a good camera phone can do the job as well as a DSLR camera, so I won’t miss any moment if I do not have DSLR with me.

Many people are telling me that the iPhone5 is faster with its A6 dual core processor than its predecessor (iPhone4), but I have no comments as I do not own one. However, its performance is leaps & bounds better than my old Samsung Galaxy S. No more lag to run my favorite apps concurrently now!

Overall I am happy with my new toy except for the poor 3G network. To temporarily solve the problem, restart your phone whenever you can't find the 3G signal. Maxis’ explanation is the network is still not stable until it is further developed. Phew!

As I am not a techie, that’s all I can tell you about my new iPhone5. It’s definitely a true user review rather than a blogger’s sales pitch view. So, are you getting one?





No comments:

Post a Comment